BBS02 won't work after initial install

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBS02 won't work after initial install

I am a new e bike owner and after doing a ton of research I bought a BBS02 from amazon...waited the 10 days for everything to arrive and took it to my local bike shop for an install...Green Mountain Bikes in Rochester, great shop, great service I bought my Kona Splice from them 3 years ago..Anyways I get a call from them today that they have it installed but have been unable to get the controller to start or even anything at all to work on the bike....they charged the battery all afternoon and the digital read out shows one red bar on the left and 3 greens so the assumption is that it is fully charged,,,put the battery on the bike turn it on and none of the led's shows any sign of life...they spent hours googling everything because of course there are no instructions... I went over there and spent an hour and half going over everything and can't seem to figure out what is wrong...all the vids on you tube make it look like a breeze to install, there must be something simple.... Yes I know i will get the obligatory "look in the bla bla bla section" but like I said I am computer savvy and have read all I can find...its all pretty repetitive stuff...and no I don't have a programming cable which seems like a waste because I have a mac and it says its only windows compatible...I am hoping to get some constructive feedback here...my bike shop could use a little help and knowledge...
    Thanks!!

Also there was a pigtail with a 2 prong plug on one end and a black and white wire on the other...where does this plug into?

Comment

Shift sensor connection perhaps?

And have you tried Sebz's Troubleshooting Guide ?

Regards,
      T.C.
      See my completed Magic Pie V5 rear hub motor E-Bike build HERE.

Comment

Thanks for the reply... I don't have a shift sensor, the display will not turn on, there is juice coming out of the battery but its odd that you can turn the battery on and hit the display for battery life and it shows full power but when you plug it onto the bike the led doesn't work anymore

Comment

• Tommycat
          Tommycat commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm afraid your getting me confused as to what display(s) your talking about and when they/it has problems...please explain in more detail. And what battery do you have? How do you know you have juice coming out of the battery?

I am talking about the button at the top of the battery that indicates how much battery life there is.. 3 green leds and one red. when you turn on the battery and hit the indicator it shows full charge. I turn off the battery and put it on the bike, turn the power and hit the indicator again and it shows nothing. I dint have a volt meter with me at the shop but there was a spark when I connected the leads.. Not sure of the battery it is a 48v 750w https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Comment

Also is it possible to bypass the battery and use a regular 12v battery charger to power the system?

Comment

Son I went to the bike shop this morning with a voltmeter and it seems that the chinese had the red and black wires installed opposite from the battery to the cradle
            switched the wiring from red-black, black-red and alls good

Comment

Well done! Glad to hear you got it fixed.
              See my completed Magic Pie V5 rear hub motor E-Bike build HERE.

Comment

Working...
              X