No announcement yet.

New BBSHD Not Working

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m back from vacation and waiting for me upon my return was the new wiring harness sent from Luna under warranty. As suspected, replacing the harness did not solve the problem. The unit is still dead.
    I made a video clip of the swap, but not sure how to upload a video. I did the removal and install in one continuous take to show a genuine replacement. So I made a few description errors, however it was hooked up correctly.

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for giving it a shot anyway. Please let us know on email and we will get you the controller.

• CapeCodRhino
      CapeCodRhino commented
      Editing a comment
      I sent the email over yesterday 3:30 EST. I was able to attach the video to the email. Thank you so much!

I upload a video to YouTube and then link it here...Using the insert video button on the enhanced editor taskbar.

Here's my Updated Wiring Diagram... perhaps a bit easier to follow...at least for me. :-) Thanks to Sebz for his clarifications. (and picture)

Anything wrong or something you'd like to see. Let me know!

Originally posted by Tommycat View Post
    Ok so we've verified that there is no power (battery power +) getting to what we think is pin #1. And a good ground wire. With pictures there is no doubt it's a female connector. But for my piece of mind will you keep the meter common lead on battery ground and probe the rest of the holes (except #8) for 57vdc?
    Originally posted by Tommycat View Post

If your not getting 57vdc at any hole I would think that the controller wiring is bad. Perhaps testing while moving harness, especially at the inlet/outlet of controller housing would show something. But at this point it would seem replacement is required.

See my completed Magic Pie V5 rear hub motor E-Bike build HERE.

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      This is a nice clarification, you mind if we update the troubleshooting kb with the updated image?

• Tommycat
      Tommycat commented
      Editing a comment
      I'd be honored.

Nice diagram! Good job with that, seriously. Now all we need is a tutorial on removing the potting material and repairing blown circuits/mosfets!

Comment

• Tommycat
      Tommycat commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you! As far as that kind of repair goes... way above my pay grade. And never when covered by warranty! :-)

Originally posted by CapeCodRhino View Post
    Nice diagram! Good job with that, seriously. Now all we need is a tutorial on removing the potting material and repairing blown circuits/mosfets!
    http://endless-sphere.com/forums/vie...shd+controller

Comment

Update:
      Luna sent out a replacement controller for me a few days ago. I have hooked it up and the motor/display is working again!!! I’m so happy right now that I am finally able to use the bike.
      My new quest is to hide as many of the wires as possible for a “stealth” look. So far I managed to hide the power wire from the motor to the battery. I drilled a hole in the bottom of my seat post and fed the cable up straight through the seat and into the bag on my rack. I protected the cable with Techflex 3/8” expandable sleeve and shrink wrap. Came out really nice.
      Next up is hiding the controller cable into the frame.

Comment

Working...
      X