Focus Jam LTD won't power up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Focus Jam LTD won't power up?

Hi guys, I bought a barely used Focus Jam2 LTD for my wife which she loves. She used it on Sunday and I washed it and turned it upside down to remove the wheels to set them up tubeless. It was upside down overnight and now it wont power up. When i connect the charger it starts to charge and then it goes to a red flashing light on the battery which apparently is a charging fault according to the manual. Can anyone make any suggestions as to what might be the issue or is there a master reset that could be done.
    thanks in advance
    regards
    David Dobson.

In-frame Battery? If so, I'd pull it and check for water intrusion. Is there a LED indicator on the charger block itself? If so, is it also showing an error?
    2nd build, 2018 Crust Scapegoat, BBS02 or BBSHD, Rohloff IGH
    3rd build, 2018 Crust Evasion step-thru, BBS02, Shimano Nexus INTER-3 IGH
    4th build, 2016 Salsa Marrakesh flatbar frameset, BBSHD, Alfine 8 IGH
    Electronic throttle lock

Visit the forum knowledge base

Comment

Yea, in-frame battery but no led battery indicator other than the LCD display which wont power up. Strangely tho if I bounce the whole bike on the floor the start-up button will light up as if itvwas going to fire up and then it fades again

Comment

The charger itself has two green lights and a red error light. When I connect it to the bike it starts as normal but then after about 20 seconds the red warning light comes on.

Comment

Did you resolve this problem? Mine did same yesterday while out on a route and behaves the same way if I bounce it - a brief light on the on button. Cheers, John

Comment

Working...
          X