BBSHD Display works TFT 850c No error codes but no power to wheels

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBSHD Display works TFT 850c No error codes but no power to wheels

I was getting my bike ready for a ride today. Fully charged the battery last night. Shows 56.3 on the display but no power in assist or throttle. I have checked all the connections and the display shows no error codes. the only thing the display shows is the symbol just right of the 1. I can't find any info on that symbol. I did not overheat or overuse the motor at any time. I have reset all the connections with no luck. I am not an expert on electrical or the build. Boise is a little shy on e-bike experts to help me out.

Thoughts?????

One thing to check with that error are your brake handle sensors (switch or magnets) - I think it thinks one of them is "active" or in use.

The display symbol should display when either of the brake levers is applied, and go out when released.
    Last edited by ncrkd; 07-04-2018, 08:53 AM.
    2nd build, 2018 Crust Scapegoat, BBS02 or BBSHD, Rohloff IGH
    3rd build, 2018 Crust Evasion step-thru, BBS02, Shimano Nexus INTER-3 IGH
    4th build, 2016 Salsa Marrakesh flatbar frameset, BBSHD, Alfine 8 IGH

Visit the forum knowledge base

Comment

Checked that. disconnected both brake switches with no change

Comment

On my display - which is not the same one as yours - that symbol is displayed when the brake override is engaged. If you haven't already, I would physically disconnect the brake sensor cables from the wiring harness. If you still have it, it looks like the controller for some reason erroneously thinks the brakes are engaged (a short in a cable or connector?, who knows?)

Comment

Do you have the shift sensor module? I'm wondering if it may cause the same issue, as its action (shutting off the motor drive) is similar.
          Last edited by ncrkd; 07-04-2018, 02:28 PM.
          2nd build, 2018 Crust Scapegoat, BBS02 or BBSHD, Rohloff IGH
          3rd build, 2018 Crust Evasion step-thru, BBS02, Shimano Nexus INTER-3 IGH
          4th build, 2016 Salsa Marrakesh flatbar frameset, BBSHD, Alfine 8 IGH

Visit the forum knowledge base

Comment

Working...
          X