Bafang loss of power overheating jerking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bafang loss of power overheating jerking

I use a bbhsd 750w on my pedicab. I also have a lot of experience with front hub motors. I am getting a jerking feeling when I go up hills under a load. It feels a lot like when the phase wires burn out on a front hub. I am also experiencing an overall loss of power. I'm assuming I either destroyed the phase wires or started to burn out the controller. I have mutiple batteries, and the problem is the same with all of them. My power line is also in good condition.

Are you downshifting? Is it geared properly for the added load? Did you pull the controller and ensure phase wires are all firmly plugged in

Comment

I'm in the lowest gear when I'm under load. I checked the phase wires and they are firmly plugged in, and dont show any signs of melting.

Comment

In comparison to another pedicab with the same system mine seems to have a.lot less power now. It feels like something is burnt out or that I have some sort of resistance in my power supply. I'm using em3ev 52 20 batteries. I'm going to check for resistance tonight.

Comment

If it's a pedicab could be anything, HD is heavy duty but the rigors of commercial use are on a whole other level.

Please see the BBS wiki section Best practices for commercial use

If it's needed for commercial use I would recommend to have a spare of every single part on the machine for easily swapping out to do troubleshooting. This includes controller, core and/or bare motor, harness, display, throttle, speedo sensor and so on. I get that's expensive but having downtime for a mission-critical piece of equipment is probably a lot more expensive.

Comment

Working...
          X