BBS02 clock keeps resetting itself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBS02 clock keeps resetting itself

I have two BBS002-B mid-drives with DPC14 (I think) color displays. When I set the time on one of them it somehow resets itself to the wrong time aa day or two later. The other display has no issues keeping the correct time. Has anyone else had this issue? Is there some thing I might be doing wrong or need to specifically do after I enter the correct time on the display settings? Is there any kind of specific “save settings” button I need to activate after I adjust the time?
    MOVING BACK TO PEDAL...
    2020 Banshee Paradox V3 1x11
    2018 Soma Wolverine 3spd IGH Belt Drive
    2018 Surly ECR 1x7
    1991 Schwinn Crosspoint 7spd (BBS02B)

http://electricbike.com/forum/forum/...0338#post60338 Possible clock back-up battery?

Manual... http://electricbike.com/manuals/dpc14.pdf
    See my completed Magic Pie V5 rear hub motor E-Bike build HERE.

Comment

• Rider
      Rider commented
      Editing a comment
      "...Clock did not work until I disabled "auto turnoff" and slowly charged battery, thereby charging clock backup battery..."

I didn't even know the display had a backup battery. I will try disabling "auto-off" and see what happens. Thanks.

Disabled "auto off", charged up the battery, took a 30 mile ride, left the display on over night (hoping that will "charge" the display battery?), turned off the next day. Today (two days later) I went out in the garage and turned the display on. It has the correct time!

Hope it lasts. If not, I will post up. Thanks TommyCat.
    MOVING BACK TO PEDAL...
    2018 Surly ECR 1x7

Comment

• Tommycat
      Tommycat commented
      Editing a comment
      Terrific! Who says you can't believe what you read on the internet...lol ;-)

• Rider
      Rider commented
      Editing a comment
      Did a 35 miler today, came home and turned the display off. Started installing my head and tail lights that finally arrived. Turned on the display this evening to see what time it was. It still has the correct time. So far, so good...

Just reporting in that the clock still displays the correct time after 3-4 weeks. I'm gong to call it fixed.
    Last edited by Rider; 10-07-2018, 05:51 AM.
    MOVING BACK TO PEDAL...
    2018 Surly ECR 1x7

Comment

Oh no, after a month and a half the clock reset itself again... Guess I didn’t charge the display battery long enough (?). That seems unlikely since it should be charging during every ride and I take 3-4 hour rides 2-3 days a week. Anyway, I reset the clock and left the display on for two full days, then turned it off. When powered up on the last two rides the time was correct.

Only time will tell if this remains an ongoing issue...
      MOVING BACK TO PEDAL...
      2018 Surly ECR 1x7

Comment

• Tommycat
        Tommycat commented
        Editing a comment
        "Only time will tell if this remains an ongoing issue... " lol

I wonder if it's a rechargeable battery.... or perhaps a capacitor? Do they need or can be replaced?

• Rider
        Rider commented
        Editing a comment
        That's a good question. I have an extra display that is identical to this one. I'll look at it to see if it has a battery cover or can be opened up easily to look inside.

Chaos in the household lately caused the eSurly to sit longer than it normally does between rides. Yesterdays well appreciated ride found the display reset once more to the wrong time... Oh well, I'm just going to live with it for now. Too much going on to track it down; just check and reset before each ride if not correct. Happy riding!
      MOVING BACK TO PEDAL...
      2018 Surly ECR 1x7

Comment

Working...
      X