Sur-Ron MX Electric will not exceed 12 KPH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sur-Ron MX Electric will not exceed 12 KPH

I just rec'd a new Sur-Ron MX Electric yesterday. I assembled the bike and fully charged it. When operating, it will not exceed speed of 12 KPH. It accelerates fine to that point then feels as if its speed is restricted. Suggestions?

For some reason a few went out that had this wire cut which puts it in low-power "street legal everywhere on the planet" mode for various legal and shipping-related purposes. Looks like yours is one of these. Check this wire, it's probably cut. Attach it and it'll be good to go.

{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tfetch.png Views:\t2 Size:\t366.9 KB ID:\t70611","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"70611","data-size":"medium"}{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tfetch.jpg Views:\t1 Size:\t410.6 KB ID:\t70612","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"70612","data-size":"medium"}

Comment

Bingo! That worked.

Comment

Same issue here. The performance was dispiriting, to say the least. Sure enough, the green/black stripe wire was clipped. Spliced it back and the thing runs like a champ.

Thanks for posting the fix.

Comment

Trail Bike Mike was your bike color grey?

Comment

Originally posted by paxtana View Post
            Trail Bike Mike was your bike color grey?
            Yes, grey.

Another quick question: For stealth reasons, I'd like wire in a switch somewhere to turn the head and tail lights off at times. I haven't really studied the wire routing yet, but I'm sure there's a simple way to do this. Any suggestions?

Comment

• paxtana
              paxtana commented
              Editing a comment
              You should be able to just follow the wiring from the light, and anywhere that you see the wire, put a switch along those wires. Can probably get more fancy with it but I would test first by cutting either pos or neg and just checking that it's not going to throw an error or something before continuing along that project.

Thank you very much! Exactly what was wrong! (Cut green wire)....
            fixed & running great!

Comment

Working...
            X