Slow Death

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow Death

hey guys, seem to be having some trouble with my bike. I've been running a 72v 50A battery from luna, 18fet controller and 3-speed half-twist throttle from WCEC, and a 3000w MXUS 4t motor on my road cruiser for the past couple months and its always ran perfectly up until this past week. Started noticing issues when the regenerative braking wouldn't automatically activate every time the throttle was released. Sometime when i twist the throttle from a slow speed or standstill there would be little to no change in power at first and then a surge of power after 2 seconds and when i am riding i would have the throttle twisted at a constant point but the power would die down for a second then come back and then repeat a couple times. all of those problems happened rarely at first then increased in frequency over the past week until the bike stopped work last night. rode it to my friends house only a mile away and it was fine but when i tried to ride it home a couple hours later the bike was unresponsive. I already checked the battery and all the basic connections and they all look good but i'm going to check out the inside of the controller and motor later to make sure I didn't blow anything out but I think the problem is either with the throttle or controller. any suggestions or advice would be great

Do you have other components you can swap it out with to troubleshoot?

Comment

Throttle controlled regen....neat. May we have the make and models of your throttle and controller?
      See my completed Magic Pie V5 rear hub motor E-Bike build HERE.

Comment

Working...
      X