How to obtain a schematic or remedy reversed polarity to 12 volt lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to obtain a schematic or remedy reversed polarity to 12 volt lights

I have been trying for years to obtain a schematic wiring diagram for this scooter from either the US distributor or a Chinese manufacturer on Alibaba to no avail. I am particularly interested in finding out why the polarity is reversed to the lights. I want to replace incandescent bulbs with LED bulbs. The head light and the tail lights use 1157, dual function sockets. I found that the polarity is exactly reversed to the sockets: two negative wires and one positive where there should normally be one negative and two positives, which makes it impossible to just switch the wires to the socket.

The system is 48 volts, so I am assuming that there is a 48v to 12v step down transformer present. Is there a way to reverse the polarity at the source so I can use standard 1157 BAY15D LED bulbs? Can anyone direct me to a resource that might solve this problem? Why is it so hard to obtain a schematic wiring diagram?

This doesn't help much, but I ran into this myself when I went to replace my headlight bulb with LED on my scooter (not the same model as yours or even close). What I ended up doing was swapping polarity at the bulb socket and giving up the Hi/Lo beam capability. This was to be a temporary thing as I promised myself I would dig into it and do it properly later, but 2 years later it's still on my TODO list. If you do dig in and swap polarity at the transformer level, I'd be curious how it works out.

Comment

Wish l was more able to trace the circuit. with my disability it's hard to get to everything, it's difficult without disability. When speaking to people who sell and service this product, they have no idea what l am talking about. l hope some experienced ebiker can point me in the right direction. l'll post what l find.

Comment

Working...
      X