BBSHD cutout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBSHD cutout

Have noticed my BBSHD motor cutting out when hitting bumps and then will come back on at the next bump or jiggle on the frame. Doesn't happen all the time. At first I thought it was the PAS disc having problems, but am unsure now that I see the motor cutout on the computer display and I have the same problem when using only the throttle w/o peddling. Have checked the wire runs exterior from the controller on up to the brakes and see no damage or bad connections. Moved the wires that entered the motor controller and the cutoff symbol went out. Any ideas on trouble shooting before I have to pull the cranks and remove the motor from the frame?

I notice this happens to me as well. I believe in my case the gear shift sensor is confusing the bumps for shifting so it cuts power for a moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Stagehandman View Post
      I notice this happens to me as well. I believe in my case the gear shift sensor is confusing the bumps for shifting so it cuts power for a moment.
      Same here ...
      2nd build, 2018 Crust Scapegoat, BBS02 or BBSHD, Rohloff IGH
      3rd build, 2018 Crust Evasion step-thru, BBS02, Shimano Nexus INTER-3 IGH
      4th build, 2016 Salsa Marrakesh flatbar frameset, BBSHD, Alfine 8 IGH
      Electronic throttle lock

Visit the forum knowledge base

Comment

Try disconnecting brake and shift sensor, see if symptoms go away. You can remove the controller from the motor after removing the chain ring. Still on bike. Check connectors in there, too.
        Fabrication is fun! Build something today. Show someone. Let them help. Inspire and share. Spread the desire.

Comment

I had a problem like this with a frame mounted battery. I removed the battery and found due to the weight of the battery, and the bumps, that the metal contacts that press against the battery had been bent away from the battery prongs ever so slightly. I took a razor knife and got behind each of the metal prongs and bent them back towards the middle. That fixed the problem. I guess the battery mounting plate allows the battery to move fore/aft slightly and eventually pushes the prongs out so no contact is made. This is why some of the bumps cause the battery to engage again.

Comment

I elected to not install the gear shift sensor, I just use the brake handle to cutout the motor to shift easily. Thanks for the advice about removing the controller w/o pulling the motor. I screwed up pulling the crank on the right side and stripped it out; guess the bike shop folks advice was spot on about pulling cranks.

Comment

Working...
            X