Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BBSHD Error code 04 will not go away? Noise when backing bike up? Not fast?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBSHD Error code 04 will not go away? Noise when backing bike up? Not fast?

Well I bought a bike with a Luna BBSHD from someone and the bike drives fine cept a few concerns. I run a 52v battery have the Luna Full Color Display DPC-18 also on it. I have the programming software and cable and run the BBSHD52vLimitless flash. Its on a Trek Marlin 5.

Problem/concern
    #1 I get an error code 04 on the display I read disconnect the throttle and see if it goes away. It doesn't I have even power cycled the bike removed battery etc the code will not go away but throttle seems to work fine and pedal assist.... No pins are broken on the harness either.
    #2 Top speed seems to be about 30 mph on a flat surface 29er bike and yes the display is set to 29er rim seems low for a 52V battery and the limitless flash (appx 1600 watts)
    #3 The bike makes a clicking noise/slight resistance (not much but alittle) when backing the bike up from the motor area not loud not hard to back up or anything but it seems odd?

I am a DIY guy and know how to use a voltmeter and have built all my other Hub motor bikes my own battery packs modifications to controllers aka shunt mods etc.

#3 is normal

#2 depends on your gearing. With a 4.7 x 26", a 39t chainring and 11t top gear I can exceed 30mph, but not by a lot. With a 42t chainring I can get it around 35mph.

Me, I don't feel cozy much more than 20-25 so it's not a big deal. I gear it tall so I can pedal at 25 - I can't pedal all that fast.

#1 I don't really understand what you are trying to say

Comment

Originally posted by AZguy View Post
      #3 is normal

#2 depends on your gearing. With a 4.7 x 26", a 39t chainring and 11t top gear I can exceed 30mph, but not by a lot. With a 42t chainring I can get it around 35mph.

Me, I don't feel cozy much more than 20-25 so it's not a big deal. I gear it tall so I can pedal at 25 - I can't pedal all that fast.

#1 I don't really understand what you are trying to say
      First of all thanks. For number 1 on the display there is one error code that is there under information. That error code is 04. At the top it does say memory error codes?? This code all I can find info on is this... Error 04 Throttle no homing, Unplug the throttle, if the message clears up, it's time to replace it!

Comment

Your bike runs? Or not?

If it's not then you may have a controller issue

If it does then the error may just be a stored error. I don't know a thing about this display say can't speak to that. If you have that error the bike shouldn't run. If you power the bike while the throttle is turned it will generate that error until you release the throttle...

Comment

Originally posted by AZguy View Post
          Your bike runs? Or not?

If it's not then you may have a controller issue

If it does then the error may just be a stored error. I don't know a thing about this display say can't speak to that. If you have that error the bike shouldn't run. If you power the bike while the throttle is turned it will generate that error until you release the throttle...
          Must be stored throttle works fine PAS works etc.

Comment

Sounds that way

Be happy - ride on

Click image for larger version

Name:	ricky.gif
Views:	20
Size:	1.3 KB
ID:	77779

Comment

Working...
            X