Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

750C green connector male and female crushed. Possible short? SOLVED- Yes it was

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

750C green connector male and female crushed. Possible short? SOLVED- Yes it was

I’m at a dead end here. Doing a BBSHD build, all good x 1 week. Was installing an accessory bracket on the front, and I crushed the male and female plugs (green) for the display. Did not notice this until I turned everything on and the display came up, then went blank. I did see an Error 30-Communication Error before it died. Started going over my wires and connections and shortly found the crushed connectors. I thought, no problem, I will just snip them back about an inch, and just hard wire it for now. Well, no luck on that. I read through forums about display not showing and it said to bypass the display for troubleshooting. Did that and still nothing. Any suggestions on what I should check? I didn’t want to just start tearing things apart. I’m thinking that a couple of wires might have came in contact and caused a possible short somewhere.
    Last edited by Texasritt; 11-11-2018, 06:24 AM.
    Del Sol LXI 6.1, 26” Hybrid, BBSHD, 48v Dolphin GA, 500c, 3 spd IGH, 48t front & 18t rear, Origin 8 single spd guide/tensioner, 1st build
    Del Sol LXI 6.1, 26” Hybrid, BBSHD, 48v Dolphin GA, 750c, 3 spd IGH, 48t front & 16t rear, Origin 8 single spd guide/tensioner, 2nd build (wife’s)

Here's a wiring pin-out to help with troubleshooting for the probable short.
    I'd probably ohm out the harness for a possible short or open first. Then after checking at the battery connector to see if you have full battery power going into the controller... Perhaps start with full battery power and a good ground getting to the display connector. And then work back from there.

Regards,
    T.C.

See my completed Magic Pie V5 rear hub motor E-Bike build HERE.

Comment

T.C., Thank you for your suggestion and picture reference. I checked the extension cable, all good, in tact, nothing shorted or open. Didn’t get any readings indicating a short on the wires going into the controller. I checked each wire with the others at the harness extension connector. I put the fully charged battery in the cradle and turned it on. Smoke started coming out of the controller where the wires go in. Turned off the battery, removed it.

I took the the controller off and could see that something got hot just about where the wires went in. See pic. Cleaned out the thermal paste and the first mosfet came out with it. It was toasted and crumbled. Looks like the board may be damaged where the wires go in as well. Still cleaning that damn thermal paste out. :-).

New controller and display ordered Friday, just waiting for them to get here.
      Del Sol LXI 6.1, 26” Hybrid, BBSHD, 48v Dolphin GA, 500c, 3 spd IGH, 48t front & 18t rear, Origin 8 single spd guide/tensioner, 1st build
      Del Sol LXI 6.1, 26” Hybrid, BBSHD, 48v Dolphin GA, 750c, 3 spd IGH, 48t front & 16t rear, Origin 8 single spd guide/tensioner, 2nd build (wife’s)

Comment

Working...
      X