Battery male and female connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery male and female connection

I need the male and female jack for my Shark battery 13.5. The connection is fried and I need these two parts. Maybe I can separate the electronic part and I can tell if the "green red and black" section. Maybe soldered, but if so, I can solder it myself at the plug end. I know the male part is available, but what about the female end (connected with the battery). I sure hope so.
    Michael

I found them here at Luna https://lunacycle.com/batteries/conn...le-female-set/ Looks like they are sold as a set, male and female together. These are the XT90 spark resistant ones. They also sell the XT60’s. They are also sold on Amazon.
    Hope this helps.
    Del Sol LXI 6.1, 26” Hybrid, BBSHD, 48v Dolphin GA, 500c, 3 spd IGH, 48t front & 18t rear, Origin 8 single spd guide/tensioner, 1st build
    Del Sol LXI 6.1, 26” Hybrid, BBSHD, 48v Dolphin GA, 750c, 3 spd IGH, 48t front & 16t rear, Origin 8 single spd guide/tensioner, 2nd build (wife’s)

Comment

Hello Texasritt and thank you for the help. I saw several connectors, but I need is the exactly barrel connector, the one I bought with the Luna battery. I needed something with a 2 pin female part, the part is/was screwed-in to the battery. It needs the part built "in", not beyond the battery. there are several connector available, but this has to be flat with the battery, not the wiring sticking out of the battery connector. I was hoping Luna would let me know and they would sell the female part. Of course, I could send the battery back to Luna for repair, but the cost of shipping would be big bucks!!! I'd already installed a connector temporarily. I would be nice to have the original. But alas, no news yet.
      BTW, I couldn't find this email from the forum. Where is it? Which area? DIY discussion?
      Michael

Attached Files

Comment

Michael,
        What about this one? https://lunacycle.com/shark-discharg...fit-connector/ It is the upgraded one.
        Another good source is https://www.allelectronics.com/
        If you ever need HIGO fittings or want to do a custom wiring harness check here https://www.e-bike-technologies.de/index.php/en/
        Not sure what you mean about couldn’t find this email?? This discussion is in Home > Forum > General >Troubleshooting

Hope some of this might help.
        Del Sol LXI 6.1, 26” Hybrid, BBSHD, 48v Dolphin GA, 500c, 3 spd IGH, 48t front & 18t rear, Origin 8 single spd guide/tensioner, 1st build
        Del Sol LXI 6.1, 26” Hybrid, BBSHD, 48v Dolphin GA, 750c, 3 spd IGH, 48t front & 16t rear, Origin 8 single spd guide/tensioner, 2nd build (wife’s)

Comment

Oh my Texasritt, you did your research. I am impressed.
          I already the found one connector from Luna, the refit connector ($15). It needs to be customized for the Shark shell. I like the connector, but how do to make this plug work? The female plug for the original is circular, and the Refit plug is rectangular and it looks to be too large. Sure, I can "make it work", but what would it look like when I'm finished.
          I do really appreciate your research about the other connector. In All Electronics, you found the exact connector I was looking for. Thank you very much.
          Since my battery plugs were ruined, I think the original Shark was poorly designed. From the beginning, it was weak and flawed. I think this is why Luna is now re-designing it.
          Anyway, two days ago I found two different male/female connectors and I bought them. They are cheap enough to buy them and I can use the best one. Both are circular and both are much better than the crummy/cheap barrel connectors. When I get them, I’ll let you know. But thank you very much, I mean that.

Comment

I think this page will make you smile. https://www.higoconnector.com/produc...ry/Z999K#title.

Comment

Tex, this is where I was working on the battery connector and I am very happy with it. It took me a week to get it. I took sometime to find the darn thing, but when I finally found it, it’s small enough to fit in the battery hard case area (like it was in the original plug). I had to file the connector and case just a little to make it work as it should.

SZJELEN SP13 2pin/3pin/4pin/5pin/6pin/7pin/ 9pin Waterproof Aviation Connectors Plug Socket IP68 Outdoor Connector (2pin, Panel Mount-Plug(Male)&Socket(Female))

Comment

Working...
              X