How to tell if controller is fried?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to tell if controller is fried?

Batteries have full charge but controller is not powering motor, just get short bursts of power to the motor. Any clues please? Thank you!

Controller? Motor? Display? Batteries? Makes and models...

Any clues please? Thank you!
    See my completed Magic Pie V5 rear hub motor E-Bike build HERE.

Comment

I have a similar issue. I have a Bafang BBSHD with a 52 V battery. It was working fine but I wanted to improve it. I attempted to reprogram the controller but ever since I only get 3 amps reading on the display. This barely gives my bike any PAS. No matter what level PAS I go with or when I use the throttle I get 3 amps. I will check my battery with my other bike, but I am pretty sure it is not the battery. I am wondering if I destroyed the controller. If so are the ones from Luna good? It seems like that would solve my problem. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Hi sobrien,
        And Welcome to the forum!

Since your problem started after you changed some programming parameters. Wouldn't it be safe to speculate that if you returned them back to their original setpoints, that things would revert back to normal?
        Did you save your original settings in a ".el" file? If so just reload that one. If not perhaps some where in the forum there are links to some. Or one of the members could post it in this thread. Also if you where to post screen shots of your configuration tables. Perhaps an obvious error would be seen. The website below has links to different saved files, but don't give any particulars about them. :-(

http://www.poweredride.com/info/bbsh...ming-resources

Regards,
        T.C.

See my completed Magic Pie V5 rear hub motor E-Bike build HERE.

Comment

Working...
        X