Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bbshd system turned itself off after using throttle only??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bbshd system turned itself off after using throttle only??

Happy New Year to all!! I own a BBSHD 1000W/48V 10hA Bat under 1000 kms old and without any problems. Last night I went for a ride (always use 1 power assist for leg exercise purposes) but on the way back home just about 2 kms away I've decided to use throttle only on 9 power assist and (gee it really goes) just about getting home the hole system shut down. Once stationary I touched the side of the motor and it was fairly warm which I would consider normal after the "flogging" after awhile I've turn it on and it was operational again. Would be this normal? there was a small 15 degree hill but it didn't straggle. Any thoughts? Should I expect some electric problems because of this? Early, with only 200 kms since new my controller failed or cooked if you will and still don't know what did I do wrong... Thanks for taking the time to read this and sharing your thoughts. Regards Clem

Same problem almost I turn the bike on andit works for a few minutes then if I push the throttle it dies. I unplug and plug back in and it works for a few strokes and then dies again. It not hot had just begun the ride. Looking for a loose connection but so far haven't found any???

Comment

That really sounds like low voltage cutouts. Both cases, above.
      Fabrication is fun! Build something today. Show someone. Let them help. Inspire and share. Spread the desire.

Comment

Yes I agree low voltage cutout BUt why it worked fine before and now after not being ridden for 2 months it cuts out I unplug the battery and plug it back in it starts fine runs with out load as soon as I get on it and throttle up it dies. Thing about just putting new connectors between battery and controller thoughts??? tanxs

Comment

I'd suggest making sure the battery is really charged, and then that it is holding voltage under load. If OK, then move downstream to the wiring.

Randomly replacing stock connectors which look fine isn't a good idea, nor likely to help, IMO.
          Fabrication is fun! Build something today. Show someone. Let them help. Inspire and share. Spread the desire.

Comment

• fstued
            fstued commented
            Editing a comment
            How do I check that I use a multi meter and it shows 52v on a 48v battery The battery does not have a lot of time on it maybe 150 miles. I am guessing a lose connection that the extra load charge on the system causes it to disconnect. I have other batteries that I could plug in but they are different voltages. I am at a loss here as to how to approach

Full charge should be 54.6V for a 48 volt pack, so if you are at only 52V full charge, something is not right. I'd suggest balancing it, first. Maybe you have one low group that's triggering LVC. Balancing would help with that, although if the cells are damaged, it won't get you back to new capacity. Good to try.

Comment

well I made sure the motor ran on the battery charger power,not using the battery just the charger and it ran fine no matter how much load the motor kept working. Then I changed out the connectors motor to battery and the same problem occurred. The motor died the connection to battery was undone and reconnected and the system started. Then failed under load.
            So I am guessing its the battery management system, which I guess I am going to learn more than I want to know about a BMS. Right now I know nothing about a BMS except that it does what it says manages the battery pack. Any suggestions on what to do, can it even be fixed?

Comment

Did you ever find a resolution for your problem? My BBSHD is doing something very similar and I'm scrambling to find a fix.

Comment

Working...
              X