Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unusual Motor Behavior-Who has seen this???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unusual Motor Behavior-Who has seen this???

I just finished setting up my 3rd ebike and I am having a problem. I purchased a 48v Luna shark pack and I have paired it with a Chinese 1000w non-geared hub motor. It is throttle only with no PAS. It has an LCD control.
    The issue is intermittent glitch in the power while riding. I say glitch because it is more like a bump and not a pure loss of power. It seems like one set of coils gets out of phase for a split second and causes the motor to jolt. I have already ruled out the battery since I get the same intermittent problem with a different battery. I have ruled out the main power cable and the brake sensor. I believe it is a loose connection, interference between cables, or a bad hall sensor. I have checked all the connections visually. I am sure it is not the main power connector. I can rule out the brake cutoff since that behaves differently (smooth cut in power.) That leave me with the LDC display control, the throttle cable or the hall cables/sensors. I have rerouted the cables to avoid "cross-talk."
    Given all this info, which of those is the most likely culprit? Which would be the most sensitive to inductive interference? This may be a tough nut to crack and I am hoping someone has seen this exact issue before.
    Many thanks,
    Robert

Hi Robert,
    As your description sounds like a slight burst of power...? I had this problem when my throttle's hall sensor's ground connection started to fail at the sensor itself. Does it bump you out of cruise if you have and are using it at the time? And just leaving the brakes disconnected whilst testing will positively eliminate them as a suspect Intermittent is the worst.
    See my completed Magic Pie V5 rear hub motor E-Bike build HERE.

Comment

Thanks Tommycat
      There is no cruise. The bump actually feels like the motor tries to reverse for a split second, not accelerate. Disconnecting the brake sensor has no effect. I am going to reroute the cables again and will report back. I am trying to avoid opening the hub.
      Robert

Comment

Working...
      X