A perplexing issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A perplexing issue

Hey all, I'm hoping someone can help me troubleshoot a little bit because I'm at a loss. I have a Luna Wolf Alite with the ludicrous BBSHD motor programming. The issue I'm running into is that the motor and display will randomly turn off while I'm riding. I can hit the power button and fiddle with all the connectors but I can't get the bike powered up again on the same day.

When I hit the power button again a few days later, it all powers up and works just fine... until it cuts out again. The charger says that the battery is charging up just fine. The gear sensor would cut out the motor but leave the display on. The motor works fine whenever there is power running to it. The display works fine when the power is flowing. I have my components waterproofed and the issue has happened on dry days before. I don't have a throttle on my bike and keep the pedal assist at level 2-3 while keeping the gearing very low on hills so I don't think it's overheating. Plus it's the dead of winter.

Has anyone seen anything like this before? Is there some sensor that's gone bad? Any help would be greatly appreciated. My bike is my commuter and ride share is costing me an arm and a leg.

What voltage is the battery at? You will see much more voltage sag in freezing temps. Insulating the battery may help.

https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...li-ion-battery

Comment

Originally posted by paxtana View Post
      What voltage is the battery at? You will see much more voltage sag in freezing temps. Insulating the battery may help.

https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...li-ion-battery
      Thanks for responding!!

I normally only check my voltage before I start and when I stop so that could be it. I've just never had my display cut off with the motor simultaneously before when hitting the low voltage cutoff. I've had the motor stop before but the display has always stayed on. Plus wouldn't I be able to restart the bike if it was voltage sag causing the cutoff? The voltage should go back up to where it was if there isn't any pull from the motor right?

Comment

It does not instantly bounce back from sag, it takes a little time.

How quickly it bounces back is also dependent on how cold it is.

Also the lower the SOC the longer it is going to take as it will be further below LVC than it would be otherwise.

Comment

Working...
        X