New bike Start-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New bike Start-up

I have a Luna Cycle "Rhino" frame with a BBSHD "hot rod" motor. I almost have it all together. Doing initial testing with the battery while the bike is up on a stand. When I use the thumb throttle it appears the motor goes immediately to "full" throttle and runs for about 8 - 10 sec and then stops.
    There is a flashing "error" indication in the display but no code to tell me what is wrong (see photo).
    I can turn off and turn back on and get the same problems: 1) no partial throttle, 2) shutdown after 8 - 10 sec
    Is this occurring because the bike is up on a stand and is free-wheeling or is there a problem with the motor system

Looks like an error 21... see http://electricbike.com/forum/forum/...s02-error-list and then http://electricbike.com/forum/forum/...x-speed-sensor.
    See my completed Magic Pie V5 rear hub motor E-Bike build HERE.

Comment

Thanks for the hint. That code is not listed in the manual for the display
      Yes my speed sensor is hooked up but not installed. I have a fat bike and need to add spacers to get the sensor within range of the magnet.

Any idea of why the throttle immediately goes to "full"

Comment

What is the next best comp to the Rhino still being made?

Comment

If throttle is in SPEED mode instead of CURRENT, it will apply power until commanded speed is reached. With no speedo, I assume it's just staying powered, never achieving the speed feedback which would reduce current. Never did this myself, but sounds reasonable.
          Fabrication is fun! Build something today. Show someone. Let them help. Inspire and share. Spread the desire.

Comment

When I first put together my kit I got error and same behavior until speed sensor was fully installed

Comment

Working...
            X