New bike throttle issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New bike throttle issue

So i just got an ancheer power plus e bike, couple issues actually.. One is that the pas works but if you stop pedaling even a half turn of the pedal it shuts off and actually won't come back on for a good 30 seconds or more even if i start pedaling again.. Is that normal? Ansld the other issue is the throttle does not work at all.. Maybe im doing something wrong but the twist throttle does nothing when twisted even though pas works the light and horn work

Edit(mainly the whole point of getting this bike is my knees are going out but still want to ride and wanted to be able to full electric ride without pedaling when necessary)
    Last edited by Newbieguy; 04-12-2019, 02:01 PM.

Hello Newbieguy,
    And welcome to the forum!

At the present time I have just a throttle and no PAS. But am looking into trying it. From what I understand of PAS operation is that it is a requirement that you pedal in order to enable the motor, so a quick shut off doesn't sound wrong. But the long 30 second time to re-start seems to be an issue.

Please note: wiring colors are not universal and may need to be sorted out. Hopefully these tips will get you going in the right direction.

Both the throttle and PAS rely on 5vdc output from a regulator in the controller. Typically on the Red and Black wires going to each. By back probing the connections, verify that you have the correct voltage going to both.

For the PAS, it takes this voltage and switches it on and off in a pulse every time a magnet in the sensor ring passes by it. So by checking the output of the sensor. (last wire, typically yellow or blue) you can check how well this is happening. A sensor ring with more magnets (12 verses 6 say) will be more responsive and quicker to restart. The distance between sensor and the magnet wheel (magnets) is very important. The closer, the better... with-out rubbing. And properly aligned.

For the throttle. After verifying the correct voltage input and proper ground. Check the remaining wire (typically white or green) for correct voltage output when the throttle is turned. For hall sensor throttles this will be ~1vdc closed to ~4vdc WOT. And a potentiometer type 0vdc to 5 vdc.

For more detailed information on troubleshooting a hall sensor throttle please ... See This Thread.

Any questions let me know.

Regards,
    T.C.

See my completed Magic Pie V5 rear hub motor E-Bike build HERE.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommycat View Post
      Hello Newbieguy,
      And welcome to the forum!

At the present time I have just a throttle and no PAS. But am looking into trying it. From what I understand of PAS operation is that it is a requirement that you pedal in order to enable the motor, so a quick shut off doesn't sound wrong. But the long 30 second time to re-start seems to be an issue.

Please note: wiring colors are not universal and may need to be sorted out. Hopefully these tips will get you going in the right direction.

Both the throttle and PAS rely on 5vdc output from a regulator in the controller. Typically on the Red and Black wires going to each. By back probing the connections, verify that you have the correct voltage going to both. mobdro

For the PAS, it takes this voltage and switches it on and off in a pulse every time a magnet in the sensor ring passes by it. So by checking the output of the sensor. (last wire, typically yellow or blue) you can check how well this is happening. A sensor ring with more magnets (12 verses 6 say) will be more responsive and quicker to restart. The distance between sensor and the magnet wheel (magnets) is very important. The closer, the better... with-out rubbing. And properly aligned.

For the throttle. After verifying the correct voltage input and proper ground. Check the remaining wire (typically white or green) for correct voltage output when the throttle is turned. For hall sensor throttles this will be ~1vdc closed to ~4vdc WOT. And a potentiometer type 0vdc to 5 vdc.

For more detailed information on troubleshooting a hall sensor throttle please ... See This Thread.

Any questions let me know.

Regards,
      T.C.
      Thank you so much for this comment

Comment

So i am just dumb... Turns out in order to run the throttle you have to turn on the pas system then when it is on low pas hit the - button and it will switch to throttle

Comment

• Tommycat
          Tommycat commented
          Editing a comment
          Ahhh no worries, learning curve to everything. Glad to hear you got it sorted out. And we may have just helped Samuel above. :-) Thank you for the update!

Best regards,
          T.C.
      Working...
      X