BBS02 controlled by DCP 14 “shorts out”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBS02 controlled by DCP 14 “shorts out”

I have a two-year old system that has worked flawlessly for two years. Today on my way home the motor started working somewhat intermittently. Then, the display shut off. I waited a while and tried to restart, and it would allow me to enter the code and take a couple of peddle turns before it would shut off again. I have checked all connections and they seem fine. The battery is at 56.8 out of 58 so there’s plenty of juice. After letting it sit half an hour it still doing the same thing so I don’t think it’s related to an overheating issue. Also, while troubleshooting I had it in the lowest power mode one time on the restart but it took off like it was in full power mode When I started peddling. Then it shut off again. Any ideas?

My wife has the exact same set up so after swapping the controller I swapped batteries. Since her bike now has the problem it’s the battery! Question for The community: This battery only has about 100 days use on it and about 10 miles per day. It holds charges really well. And before it shorts out it’s very strong. Sounds like it’s an internal wiring issue. Batteries scare me a bit, are they pretty easy to fix?

Comment

Solved. Thanks

Comment

How did you fix it? I have very similar symptoms.

Comment

Working...
        X