LCD is on but no throttle or PAS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LCD is on but no throttle or PAS

My bbs02 bike conversion have been struggling recently. It began with stopping to work and needed closing of the lcd and turning it back on to function again. Now, it doesn't function st all. LCD is on, speedometer is on but no PAS or throttle is working. every once and a while I will turn it on and it will work. after few minutes it will stop working.

Please let me know what is wrong?

Thanks

Either a phase wire is unplugged or the pas board needs replacing. Open it up, check the connectors for phase. If that's ok unplug the pas connector. If that was the problem the throttle will now run with the pas connector unplugged

Comment

Thanks

Could you elaborate or refer me to a guide on what to do exavtly?

Comment

The fat wires are the phase wires. The black connector is the pas connector.

Comment

Originally posted by liratium View Post
          My bbs02 bike conversion have been struggling recently. It began with stopping to work and needed closing of the lcd and turning it back on to function again. Now, it doesn't function st all. LCD is on, speedometer is on but no PAS or throttle is working. every once and a while I will turn it on and it will work. after few minutes it will stop working.

Please let me know what is wrong?

Thanks
          Turn off the battery
          Find EVERY plug/connector and unplug and look for corrosion - greenish-blue gook
          If gook is found clean the plug with a toothbrush and 91% alcohol - wear safety glasses
          Reconnect and disconnect again, look for gook and clean
          Inspect all wiring for knicks and cuts, if found repair or replace
          Verify you have completely replugged all connections
          Good luck
          Lee

Comment

Paxtana, if the pas connection is unplugged and now you get all power in the throttle.. what does that mean you need to do to fix it? Cause I had a similar problem with my ebike build. And unplugging the pas worked for getting power to my bike, but what do I need to do to get my peddle assist working? A new sensor? Or could it be just the three wires are wired wrong?

Comment

• paxtana
              paxtana commented
              Editing a comment
              If that worked it is an indication you would need a new pas board

I’m assuming that’s inside the controller? Which would suck cause this is a brand new kt controller.. lol

Comment

It is not in the controller, here is an earlier conversation on this for reference

https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...nsistors-fried

Comment

Working...
              X