new controller help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new controller help

I am tasked with replacing a controller - the one i am attempting to fit has an auxilliary 12 volt converter box. which I hope to tackle in due course. At present I have the throttle wires from the bike and the empty connectors shown in the pics. Any clues?

im in the uk and its 4am so i will check back here soon - thanks in advance

Comment

The motor is all connected, the throttle isnt yet connected or the power switch. None of the connections are labelled

Comment

Need more information on your parts... Links, makes & model numbers, pictures, numbers and colors of wires, connector pins, ETC... any particulars would be helpful.

Generally speaking the throttle operation itself requires 3 wires, all low voltage (5vdc). Added to the mix as you mention can be a power switch or perhaps an LED display. These typically require full battery voltage for operation. These can not be mixed up!

Please take a few minutes and look over this thread, it may help you determine which of your left-over connections is which. And how to connect your throttle. If not please post back with more information.

https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...d-modification

Regards,
        T.C.
        See my completed Magic Pie V5 rear hub motor E-Bike build HERE.

Comment

This is the controller type. Having now tested the throttle, I am not seeing the expected variable resistance and voltage that this controller requires (connect +5v to red, black to ground, and measuring the voltage on green). Are there other throttle types? hall effect for exmple? The throttle is the current concern. I will try addressing other issues as they arise.

Comment

• Josue
            Josue commented
            Editing a comment
            Same issue!?!

This controller requires a hall effect throttle (or output type signals... 1vdc to 4.2 vdc.) you will not get varible resistance readings from a hall sensor type (disconnecterd from controller)... what output are you getting? A reading of 0vdc to 5vdc would indicate a potentiometer type throttle.

Using Pic #2, left side, 3 wire, white connector connection?

Comment

Ok, thanks for your input. These are a relatively new field for me and I can understand why hall effect was chosen over the older potentiometer type. I have tested the throttle and I am certain that it is faulty. There was no connector plug on the end and I reckon the owner may have mis-connected it and damaged the hall sensor. The only unknown connections I currently have are the 2 in the left picture which are likely something to do with the key switch?? also am I right in thinking the black plug next to the throttle connector would be for pedal assist?

Comment

Originally posted by phillipo1972 View Post
              also am I right in thinking the black plug next to the throttle connector would be for pedal assist?
              Would seem reasonable. Only other three wire connection I could think of would be a speed switch. (high ,med, and low) Some voltage measurements of the 3 unknown connectors might help. Well done on weeding out the bad throttle.

Comment

I will attempt to power this up tomorrow now I have a known good throttle. I still have a power/keyswitch to connect and the 2 connectors in the left photo. Im worried about connecting to these, I have no idea what they are for. The controllers I have seen all have an orange wire to the power switch. It really is like a chinese puzzle

Comment

oK so the motor runs, throttle all good. Now I have to tackle the charger connection and the 12 volt subsystem. The brakes dont appear to cut power to the motor for some reason. I also have the pink/black connector with nothing attached (i notice this is marked as indicator on some controllers)

Comment

This controller has an external unit for converting 48 volts to 12 volts. Im just throwing this info out there incase anyone has wired anything similar. I am a little puzzled about the brake, (normally open switch) not cutting the motor power

Comment

anyone help with a wuxing 7 wire throttle with push button and power meter? The question is, do I use green or yellow for the power meter?

Comment

forget the last post, green or yellow dont work - I believe the power meter on the known good throttle is defective

Comment

This controller has an external unit for converting 48 volts to 12 volts. Im just throwing this info out there incase anyone has wired anything similar. I am a little puzzled about the brake, (normally open switch) not cutting the motor power
                          A "high" brake system is energized by providing a 12 volt signal to the single high break wire. Unlike a "low" brake system that requires you to short the low brake signal to ground. (typically two wire connector)
                          You can tell which one you have by the controller sticker. Must be what the external 12 volt power source is used for.

anyone help with a wuxing 7 wire throttle with push button and power meter? The question is, do I use green or yellow for the power meter?

I would have expected a 7 wire throttle to have a 3 speed rocker switch as opposed to your described push button. Do you have a link to your new throttle?

Full battery power to the throttle is typically thru the yellow wire. But never go by colors! A possible clue though is that the connector will be a male type.

Comment

I also have the pink/black connector with nothing attached (i notice this is marked as indicator on some controllers)
                            Also seen this used for a cruise function on a JX controller...

Comment

Working...
                            X