Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Losing power

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Losing power

    Hi I've got a new battery pack about 2 months ago for my bbs02.

    Been working fine until the past week. The motor intermittently stutters while riding (both with throttle and pas) then the system will completely shutoff. I can usually power it back on immediately and keep going. Sometimes it will stutter and keep going other times it will power off multiple times.

    It doesn't happen every ride and usually after a couple of power cycles it will keep going fine.

    Any ideas on where to start looking?

    #2
    You could just have a bad battery connection...riding bumpy roads can affect your battery connection...I was having a similar issue with mine...I wrapped 2 zip ties and two Velcro straps around the battery housing to secure it better...haven’t had a problem since..where is your battery mounted?

    Comment


      #3
      Thanks for the reply. I thought about that at first but it started doing it while I had the bike on the repair stand.

      I've checked all the connections and the voltage on the battery and everything seems fine there.

      When it starts cutting out the display remains active but the motor will just stop spinning. Sometimes it cuts back in and other tomes the display will go dead after a few seconds requiring a restart.


      I am starting to think it might be a controller issue

      Comment


        #4
        I just had the latest new controller put on my bbso2..cause of my losing power issue...my bike seems to accelerate faster and top speed has improved...I’m glad I had it replaced ...I’ve had no more issues...

        Comment


          #5
          Hi
          My name is Neville and I am in New Zealand, I am running a BBSHD, 52 v Battery and a DPC18 display. currently i have ridden about 1500 km on the road, without problems, most of it on PAS 1-3. recently I have started having an intermittent shutdown during a ride, The display goes off with the resulting loss of power, Sometimes I can power it up almost immediately and other times it takes several attempts.
          I have checked the connections and the Speed controler/magnet and all seem to be correct Has anyone else experienced this problem ?

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Drzdave58 View Post
            You could just have a bad battery connection...riding bumpy roads can affect your battery connection...I was having a similar issue with mine...I wrapped 2 zip ties and two Velcro straps around the battery housing to secure it better...haven’t had a problem since..where is your battery mounted?
            Have u tried this?

            Comment


              #7
              My Battery is mounted on the bottle cage bosses on the down tube ans seems quite secure

              Comment


                #8
                My battery is mounted same as yours....

                Comment


                  #9

                  Comment


                    #10
                    A friends BBS02 did this and was determined, after MANY back and forths with different ebike techs, to be the controller. He replaced it and has not had the issue since. Hey Drzdave.....I see that Ruff-Cycle frame. LOL

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Defjr333 View Post
                      A friends BBS02 did this and was determined, after MANY back and forths with different ebike techs, to be the controller. He replaced it and has not had the issue since. Hey Drzdave.....I see that Ruff-Cycle frame. LOL
                      Yes...ruff Lucky frame.I see u have the ruffian huh?...nice ride!

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Drzdave58 View Post

                        Yes...ruff Lucky frame.I see u have the ruffian huh?...nice ride!
                        It's not a Ruffian. It blows the Ruffian away.
                        Ruffian tops out at 20mph and apox 50 miles. Mine does 40+ and 100+ miles. I built it with the standard Basman frame and parts from Ruff-cycle. But it is powered by Luna products. Bbshd, dual 12.5 ah packs etc. It has many things the Ruffian could never do.......and it was about HALF the price.
                        Ruffian $5600
                        Mine. $2500
                        ​​​​

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Defjr333 View Post

                          It's not a Ruffian. It blows the Ruffian away.
                          Ruffian tops out at 20mph and apox 50 miles. Mine does 40+ and 100+ miles. I built it with the standard Basman frame and parts from Ruff-cycle. But it is powered by Luna products. Bbshd, dual 12.5 ah packs etc. It has many things the Ruffian could never do.......and it was about HALF the price.
                          Ruffian $5600
                          Mine. $2500
                          ​​​​
                          SWEET!!...very smart...yeah..I just got a new controller on my BBS02...my bike tops out at 49 kmh...custom build is the best way to go..

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Bikes are just too personal and toom uses/ options for a one bike for all. And getting one professionally built is $$$$. Build it how u want it is the only way to go

                            Comment


                              #15
                              You could just have a bad battery connection...riding bumpy roads can affect your battery connection...I was having a similar issue with mine...I wrapped 2 zip ties and two Velcro straps around the battery housing to secure it better...haven’t had a problem since..where is your battery mounted? auto clicker word unscrambler jumble solver
                              SWEET!!...very smart...yeah..I just got a new controller on my BBS02...my bike tops out at 49 kmh...custom build is the best way to go..
                              Last edited by jimskinvy; 09-11-2019, 11:56 AM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X