No announcement yet.

Losing power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So...I am still having this this problem with losing power as well...doesn’t happen every ride but it is annoying when it does...I still think it’s a bad connection but can’t figure out where it could be...any of you guys have this problem.?..did you rectify it?

Comment

• Tommycat
      Tommycat commented
      Editing a comment
      What type of battery do you have?

Lithium

Comment

I still have an unresolved problem with power shut down, after several months of trouble free running, sometimes when switching the battery and the DPC-18 display on, the system then powers down immediately. Other times it will unexpectedly shut down when riding, then it will take a while to power up again.. I have had an electrician friend who has checked all the connectors for continuity and relevant voltages etc with a multimeter and found everything ok. What we did find is that when the unit has shut down, the test indicator on the side of the battery has ceased to function even though all is still switched on.
    I'm running a BBSHD and 52v 14 ah battery..
    As a separate question. does any one know how to clear error codes from a DPC-18 display ?

Comment

Hi Neville,

From your description it sounds like you might have a battery problem. If the display is shutting down with the issue, and only starting up after a few minutes and a battery power off/on cycle, it might be the battery's BMS tripping. Or loose connections internal to the battery... More particulars of your battery? Does it properly charge to 58.8 volts for a full charge? Does the voltage drop much shortly after charging?Does it sag under load? Double check the battery to cradle knife connections. Make sure they are tight.

As far as the display, I believe the Luna model can be reset. But not sure if this includes the error codes. Curious, what codes do you have stored?

DPC-18 Display Documentation.

Regards,
      T.C.
      See my completed Magic Pie V5 rear hub motor E-Bike build HERE.

Comment

Hi TC
        Thanks for your reply....I went back to the supplier with my problem and his reply....
        ....Its possible the BMS inside the battery is either faulty or the connection has unplugged a little.

Its worth opening the battery and checking the plug that has 14 series wires going into the BMS, its possible that this has unplugged and also the plug for the battery tester on the side of the battery.

Which is what you suggest

My battery does charge to 58.8 volts and after a 50km road ride it drops to around 54.7v. Of course this might vary due to the load that that has been put on it.
        I think that this might be due to vibration, one suggestion that I received was to put a strap round the battery and the down tube which holds it quite rigid, I tried this the other day and I had a trouble free ride.!
        So will see if this is an improvement.

Re the Error Codes...; It showed 04 and 021.
        Many thanks
        Neville

Comment

Originally posted by Neville View Post

I think that this might be due to vibration, one suggestion that I received was to put a strap round the battery and the down tube which holds it quite rigid, I tried this the other day and I had a trouble free ride.!
          So will see if this is an improvement.

Excellent, sounds like your making progress! So possible internal loose connection. But I still would double check the battery to cradle knife connections to be sure. But hey, a strap never hurts...

Please look over this terrific thread by Sebz about the cradle connections…

https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...5701#post35701

Glad to help.
          T.C.

See my completed Magic Pie V5 rear hub motor E-Bike build HERE.

Comment

Working...
          X