Battery diagnosis and thoughts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery diagnosis and thoughts

Hi. I love my fat tyre ebike but its gathering dust now. So am i! Can you help slap some reality my way please.

Ive had my 350w hub fat tyre for about 4yrs. After my battery seemed to die after 3yrs i bought a cheapy replacement (idiot i know) as a means to test that was the only problem .....
    My issue: the new hailong 36v 10ah/360Wh battery took a couple of charges then kinda died. Symptoms; after sitting on a charge the bike kicked off strongly after 2min died. Tried recharging (the lcd charge bar all lit up) the same happened. Being a diy junky i pulled it open. Indvidual batteries were at 3.84v except the group of 5reading 2.14. i charged some used ones i had to 4.15v then changed the cells over. Back on a charger til the lcd bar all lit up. Checked the lcd an hour later and it read red dead. Opened it up again and this time all the cells except the replaced ones read 4.15v and the changed ones only showed 3.62v each (remember they were used cells). The total held charge only 33ish volts. Is this a bms issue. The bms is sealed in rubberised sealant so accessing points not viable. Is the unit rubbish and go get a proper one or could there be another bike (non battery issue). I live in a small coastal town so no ebike genious close by and i have reached my domestic diy comfort zone. . Before i throw $ at it any advice on direction please. Oh i did change the charger but no change. SoS.
Working...
X