Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBS01 clutch or nylon gear sticking

Hello,

Is there a freewheel mechanism in both the "clutch" and the white nylon gear of these units?

I have a BBS01 with about 900 miles on the motor. Everything is great except...when pedaling with the motor switched off or PAS set at 0, there is tremendous pedaling resistance, especially when climbing even a very slight hill. Strangely, I can't feel the increased resistance when the bike is on a stand and the wheels are free to turn.

My seller thinks it might be a "clutch" problem but I think that it is the nylon gear that is no longer freewheeling when the motor is not supplying power. She says that there is no clutch in the nylon gear. If I understand things right, there essentially 2 freewheels inside these motors that do similar things only for opposite reasons?

Again the motor works fine when under power. I hope to have a better idea of how things works before I try to open everything up. Thanks

There is a freewheeling roller clutch in the nylon gear

The freewheeling pawl clutch is for the crank

Comment

Yep, that's what I thought. Thanks for the input.

Comment

I have this problem on a bbshd, it occurred right after replacing the nylon gear with a new rotor. I suspected it was the one-way bearing in the nylon gear all along. That motor's on the shelf now though, but I'll drop in the old nylon gear one day and see what's what.

Comment

Working...
        X