Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pedal assist wiring on Super 73

Hello everybody,

I need your help. I recently bought a used and not working Super 73 SG. It had a code error 30 and the guy changed the controller but it did nothing.

I found misconnection in the harness, did some soldering and the code 30 dissapeared, but the pedal assist won't work. To make easier for you, her's what i know :

- Battery is good
    - Motor works on "the walking" (bottom arrow on the SW102 LCD)

I think the problem comes from the cadence sensor clipped in the bottom bracket. There is a LED but it does not work. Also the cable has 3 pins but the cable coming from the controller has 6. There some voltage coming from the controller (10v or 4v).

Is it possible that the new controller was designed for a torque sensor?

What do you think?

Hi Jazmi,
    And welcome to the forum!

I've found this article very informative on the topic of PAS verses Torque sensing...

https://www.ebikes.ca/learn/pedal-assist.html

Any particulars on your new controller? (make and model)

Regards,
    T.C.
    See my completed Magic Pie V5 rear hub motor E-Bike build HERE.

Comment

Hello Tommycat,

Thanks for the link.

I cut the wires from the sensor and tested different position for the blue wire (signal). It works! The LED works and pedal assist also works. Looks like someone wired the controller wrong...

Now, i have another problem, the power of the motor seems very weak compared to other bikes I have tested. It's a 250w, ID : HTCN 1712S0117 KP250w with the power cable on the left side. Battery test : 52v. No throttle installed.

The controller comes from the Super 73 distibutor in France, I have no other information about it.

Any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Jazmi View Post

I cut the wires from the sensor and tested different position for the blue wire (signal). It works! The LED works and pedal assist also works. Looks like someone wired the controller wrong...
        My first thought...Great job on finding and correcting this issue!

As far as the lack of power... I'd re-check the setpoint parameters of your display, and make sure they are saving properly. And find some way to check the current draw of the battery under load to see how bad (or good) it is. Since uncovering the bad wiring of the sensor, is it possible the phase wiring could also be amiss? Running smoothly and consistently from a stop?

Charge up the battery fully and recheck... 54.6vdc for a 48 volt nominal Li-Ion battery. (don't leave it at 100% for long...)

See my completed Magic Pie V5 rear hub motor E-Bike build HERE.

Comment

Working...
        X