Luna Wolf Alite Power Quit, but display still works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luna Wolf Alite Power Quit, but display still works

I have had a Luna Cycle less than 2 months and while riding, the power just quit. Battery is fully charged, display works, all connections are in tact. Just no power from either the throttle or to the pedal assist. Any ideas? Yellow Letter at the bottom of display are what may be an error code, 30 H which is a communication error.

That is a comm error.

https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...s02-error-list

https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...he-bbshd-bbs02

Comment

My bbshd had the same error after about 6 months. I opened the controller checked the wires and tried another bafang cable and display. I ended replacing the controller.

Comment

Thanks for your input. As Ive been searching posts, I have seen this problem repeated in many cases after very short periods of use. Pretty disappointing to spend thousands of dollars on a bicycle and then after only a few weeks of low to medium use at worst, to have to spend time and more money replacing components like the controller or display or whatever may end up being wrong. I bought into the story of Luna Cycle vs. Specialized and other Big Name manufacturers, but I'm quickly finding that maybe that was a mistake.

Comment

I would not jump to conclusions just yet.

The documentation provided details how this can be damaged from use, whether that is water, physical impact like crushing the harness from hitting a log, or even just a connector partially unplugged after getting snagged on a tree branch. What joost wrote is mostly correct because the controller would be what you would try after checking the basic stuff, but the reason for a failure is often something simple or completely unrelated to product quality, which can happen just as easily on any ebike regardless of the manufacturer.

Given that the bike is relatively new you can reach out to support and once we rule out these other causes the controller can be replaced by us, but you do need to check it. If that is truly considered some extraordinary task to have to look at a cable then yes you probably should have bought elsewhere, as we recommended directly on the listing you bought from.

We are selling manufacturer direct to save you money but you should realize it is not the same as paying full price from a local ebike shop. We charge minimal markup because we do not offer face to face support. Most of our sales are to enthusiasts and to builders who know what they want and don’t need a lot of assistance from their dealer. You can use our forums and knowledge base to find the answer to almost any support question you have.

If you expect your bicycle to be flawless and never need adjustment or maintenance, we recommend that you buy your ebike from a local brick and mortar ebike store if you have one near you, especially if you want person to person support when it comes to adjustments and maintenance of your ebike. We do not offer this level of support.

Comment

I’d check in with Luna for a replacement controller, it’s a quick fix with a 3mm Allen wrench and a little silicon. The good and bad of bafang, they can break but they’re pretty easy to work on and parts are a plenty.

it does make me wonder if bafang had a manufacturing issue with the controllers on the bbshd. My sons bbs02 has been super dependable.

Comment

Working...
            X