Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Display/controller dead, light in speed sensor

Hi,

Today, I tried to connect a programming cable to the bike to look at the configuration. I bought the cable from Luna Cycles, but had to modify it to short PL and PL+ and connect TX-RX, RX-TX, not TX-TX, RX-RX. It seems like I am able to connect to the USB-TTL, but the program does not let me read the flashed settings.

After that, I connected the display back on, but it does not work anymore. The LED at the speed sensor lights up when I hold in the power button, but the throttle does not work. I also tried to reconnect the programming cable. The LED lights up, but the throttle does not work.

I have measured the battery voltage with a multimeter, it is 51V.

I also have trouble with my charger (Luna 300W, blue), so I tried to connect it to the bike and started the bike. When I touched the throttle, the voltage dropped and the bike turned off. This was right before I tried to connect the programming cable, so I don't know if it was working afterwords.

Appreciate any tips on what I can try.

Regards
    Steinar

Hi Steinar,

And welcome to the forum! :-)

A store bought communication cable that you had to modify? Are you sure you got the correct one for a Bafang? A link to the product page would be helpful. The ones for a Magic Pie are not interchangeable.

But sounds like issues before you tried communicating. Try this thread for some suggestions...
    https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...he-bbshd-bbs02

Information of your bike's particulars (battery, motor, display, ETC.) would be helpful for more accurate suggestions.

Regards,
    T.C.
    See my completed Magic Pie V5 rear hub motor E-Bike build HERE.

Comment

Hi,

This is the cable I bought: https://lunacycle.com/parts/bafang-p...ramming-cable/

I think it started with the charger. When I connect it to two 24V 60W light bulbs, connected in series, they glow for about a second before they go dark and the display on the charger goes black. When I disconnect them, the charger stays at about 10V for some time before it goes up to 58.8V again. When I connect it to the battery, it starts and immediately shuts down again every minute or so. I will borrow some PSUs from work to test if it is the battery BMS.

As mentioned earlier, when I connected the charger to the bike it powered on, but when I touched the throttle, the voltage dropped and the bike turned off. I guess this might be the cause of the problems, maybe the controller got damaged.

The battery is a home made 14S3P 52V 9Ah of samsung inr 18650-30q cells with a bluetooth BMS (China). The motor is a Luna Bafang BBS02B 48V 750W. The display is a Luna 750c full color display.

The link you mentioned is the reason I tried to connect the charger to the bike.

I've also connected the light bulbs to the battery and that worked fine. The cell voltages are nicely balanced at around 3.6V according to the BMS, so I don't think it's the BMS that shuts of the charger.

Regards
      Steinar

Comment

Working...
      X