Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shimano steps6000

Hi guys,

My Shimano STEPS6000 based bike has been going strong for more than 2 years now. The day after my last commute in the rain the computer (sc-e6010) won't turn on. The batter still charges and seems to work. It turns on when I press the power button while it is not installed in the bike, but will not power on when I install it. Does anybody know how I can check if the computer is just dead or if it is something else?
    Thanks!

Originally posted by techos View Post
    Hi guys,

My Shimano STEPS6000 based bike has been going strong for more than 2 years now. The day after my last commute in the rain the computer (sc-e6010) won't turn on. The batter still charges and seems to work. It turns on when I press the power button while it is not installed in the bike, but will not power on when I install it. Does anybody know how I can check if the computer is just dead or if it is something else?
    Thanks!
    I read someplace that a possible fix for a smartphone that had been dipped in water was to put it in a sealed container with a bunch of uncooked rice. Trying to dry it out. Might be worth a try.

Comment

• techos
      techos commented
      Editing a comment
      It is supposed to be weather proof, but I guess I can try to open it up and let it air dry for a while. Thanks!

• calfee20
      calfee20 commented
      Editing a comment
      How much for a new computer? Could you go to the shop where you got it and try another computer?

• techos
      techos commented
      Editing a comment
      Around $200. I'm gonna try to do that if drying it doesn't work.
Working...
X