Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New battery, motor not working, pls help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New battery, motor not working, pls help!

I have charged my battery fully. When I press the button on the battery it says 100%. When I turn on my display it says the battery is 2/5 full. If I run the throttle for a while the motor starts turning on and off. I was able to drain the battery completely (according to the display) after to 1.5miles. I pressed the button on the battery and it still read 100%.

How should I troubleshoot all this?

36v 10ah battery
    48v 500watt Bafang motor

You cannot run the 48V Bafang motor with a 36V battery. The controller thinks your battery is fully discharged. When the 36V battery is fully charged at 42V, the motor will run briefly until the controller detects LVC (40v?) and then will cycle on and off as the voltage goes back up (briefly) above LVC.

Comment

• Fred
      Fred commented
      Editing a comment
      I may have spoken too soon. Maybe changing the LVC value via the programming cable would allow it to work? Hopefully someone who knows more than me about the BBSxx can chime in.

Ah crap. I read a bunch of posting online that said it wouldn’t be a problem, and the motor would just be running under max potential. Is there any work around for this?

Comment

If I swapped out my controller for a 36V do you think it would all work? It seems like the cheapest option.

Comment

Working...
      X