No announcement yet.

Commuter Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saying bicycle does seem to work well. Little kids often just turn and look for the bell...

Even though I have a bright tail light, there are lots of those in traffic. it's not so obvious.

Yellow 3M conspicuity tape on the helmet really stands out above all the red taillights, and seems to get me noticed at night. I do this to all my helmets. well, some have white tape, but yellow is my preference now. I cut triangles to fit the helmet contours so it looks good. Back half gets a few, and one at front center.

I don't see many reflectorized helmets, but I think it's a cheap easy way to be more conspicuous. Anybody else do this?
    Fabrication is fun! Build something today. Show someone. Let them help. Inspire and share. Spread the desire.

Comment

• Retrorockit
      Retrorockit commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes I have the tape on my helmet. It's flourescent green and easy to see during the day, But invisible at night. Reflective sidewall tires too.

• pure_mahem
      pure_mahem commented
      Editing a comment
      I was going to do this but my helmet has brand logos that are highly reflective. Definitely a good idea!

• Retrorockit
      Retrorockit commented
      Editing a comment
      I haven't tried it but there is clear reflective paint available to make anything reflective.
Working...
X