BBSHD in the rain

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBSHD in the rain

I wonder up to what extent the weather proofing on this Luna BBSHD? I was surprised yesterday I was on my way home it was an hour ride when it pours good thing there was no flood along the way, though I was a bit worried while riding that my ebike might explode :) or i get shorted and hurt my self, my BBSHD + shark park 52v 14ah battery actually survived the unexpected abuse. does anyone of you tried cleaning your ebike with a garden hose, coz at the moment i'm kind of stuck how to clean my bike :( all i can think of is sprayin my bike with water.

Click image for larger version

Name:	dirty bike (2).jpg
Views:	2
Size:	2.64 MB
ID:	28306

Click image for larger version

Name:	dirty bike (3).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	203.4 KB
ID:	28303Click image for larger version

Name:	dirty bike (1).jpg
Size:	224.9 KB
ID:	28304

Attached Files

I ride my bbshd all the time while raining after it sits locked up in the rain all day at work.
    Frankly I was more concerned with the displays at first; but c-965 and dpc-14 both work flawlessly in wet conditions for me.
    I say hose that bad boy off if you want to make it all pretty and stuff :-)

Comment

I use a garden hose all the time to wash off mud, but I always remove the battery and wipe it down separately with a damp rag. Never use high pressure water such as a power washer as it will force water past seals and gaskets causing problems.

One tip is to blow off the bike after washing with an air blast like a leaf blower or air hose to minimize rusting.

Comment

Hose on spray is fine. Don't blast bearings. Best to blow/ride to dry the chain and lube it after a washing.

Putting some silicone dielectric grease in the connectors is a good idea, too.
        Fabrication is fun! Build something today. Show someone. Let them help. Inspire and share. Spread the desire.

Comment

My experience is that the displays are the weakest point on the BBSHD when it comes to water/rain/washing. (remove the battery before washing of course).

Comment

I've had this same concern for my upcoming build. I just put fenders on the bike, and will likely fab up some longer mud flaps on them, which should help keep some of the spray and grime off of the BBS02 motor unit.

Comment

I'm surprised nobody said anything about getting the dirt off. It Will Not Come Off Without Scrubbing. Whether you use a brush or a washcloth, or whatever, that dirt Will Not Let Go without being touched by something besides water. I get mud all over my bike every time I ride. My rule of thumb is to just get my bike 90% clean. If it's too clean, somebody might be tempted to steal it. You should also put dielectric grease on all the connectors, just to keep the water out. That comment on blowing it off after washing is a good one. I'll have to start doing that.

P.S. and always remove the battery before washing, if it isn't removable, unplug it and plastic-bag it and the connectors.

Comment

Hola compañero,
                yo he terminado de montar mi BBSHD espero probar cuando deje de llover , le he protejido con guarda barros y un plástico espero probar si se calienta en esceso
                Attached Files

Comment

• commuter ebikes
                  commuter ebikes commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yo no monto a mis bicis electricas en la lluvia. No quiero causar un problema.

Me gusta tu guarda, pero a mi me gusta el aire enfriar el motor. Tu debes cuidar a tu motor para que tenga una vida larga y facil. Pero yo soy paranoico. A lo mejor, tu estaras bien si la guarda desagüe.

Tienes un sensor termal? El mío es muy útil. A veces he tenido que parar y dejar que el motor se enfríe.
                  Last edited by commuter ebikes; 03-09-2017, 02:09 PM.

If you can help, I have opted for the following solution, a fairing of carbon fiber, could also be made of fiberglass, to me it solves very well the spatter.
                I hope you serve yourself. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170327_183949.jpg
Size:	177.9 KB
ID:	31444Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170327_184029.jpg
Size:	189.8 KB
ID:	31445

Comment

Looks great!

Comment