Commuting questions for an e-bike newb

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Commuting questions for an e-bike newb

I just started commuting on a Cyclocross bike with a BBSHD and a 52V 17ah jumbo shark setup. I am still working out what gearing to best use for different situations like from a standing stop or shifting up on a roll. I am finding that when I am at speed on my commute home and I am catching green lights in succession, I am wishing the bike had more top end gearing. I'm thinking that going from the stock 46T chainring to a 48T would give me that extra speed, and I wouldn't sacrifice on the low end from a dead stop.

Is it even worthwhile to go up to a 48T chainring or is it better to go to a 52T? I also have not played with the power output settings but I do have the programming cable to see if tweaking the settings will help.

Lastly, with my current setup, I am doing roughly 30-32mph (as displayed/unverified by gps) with average pedaling effort on my part. my questions revolve around going faster because I feel like I can pedal faster but the bike does not speed up as I imagine it would with the added faster pedaling. Is this a limitation of my gearing or the motor itself? or is it a factor related to PAS output? I guess I'm not even sure how fast I "should" be going.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

It's wind resistance. You hit a wall at around 30mph.

Comment

Working...
    X