No announcement yet.

Suspension needed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30 psi is about where tires become the suspension. Large fatbike tires at 20 psi ARE the suspension but damping at high speeds becomes an issue.

Comment

I ended up with a giant anthem with a BBSHD. I'm running Schwalbe MotoX tires (Which are AWESOME) and love the experience. I just switched jobs, and post covid, I'll have a flat 12 mi commute each way. I can hardly wait...Looking for lighting now.

Comment

Does Schwalbe make a bad tire? Doesn't seem like it to me. I got Big Apples that several people recommended to me on my pavement bike and they are great on my rigid Surly steel frame. Way better ride than I got with the maxis whatevers that were on there when I got the bike. I can even run pressures in the 30's and get that high speed control and still a decent ride. Had to run the maxis closer to 20 and I didn't like how they felt at higher speeds.

I was going to go with them for studded winter tires too but some 45Nrth's came up used and they are a 'local' brand so that is where I'm starting. From what I have read the 45Nrth and Schwalbe studs will interchange so at least my spare studs and tool should be able to be used if I end up with Schwalbe tires which would be my 2nd choice.

Comment

Working...
        X