How to commute everyday?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to commute everyday?

You drive car? by railway? by bus? on foot´╝čride a bike?
    The transport is very crowded in the rush hour. I often take a bus to go to work. I spend many time on the bus, which often make me bored.
    How to change my way to commute everyday?

In Detroit you drive your car unless you are a peon. The bike is for fun or exercise.

Comment

• commuter ebikes
      commuter ebikes commented
      Editing a comment
      I have four ebikes and no car.

• max_volt
      max_volt commented
      Editing a comment
      You might get away with it on the left coast.

• commuter ebikes
      commuter ebikes commented
      Editing a comment
      At my work, there are about 150 employees. Of these, only 5 ride a bike to work. They built bicycle parking for 9 bikes, so plenty of bike parking! The (car) parking lot is always full.

Originally posted by max_volt View Post
    In Detroit you drive your car unless you are a peon. The bike is for fun or exercise.
    Yes, we could ride a bike to do exercise. I think it is necessary for us to do exercise everyday. Even though we are busy with our jobs, but I could take several day to relax.

Comment

Detroit has no mass transit to speak of, and was always car centric - to a fault.
      Detroit was offered federal money for a subway system years ago and turned it down - now they have no way to get poor workers to the suburbs - over half the city residents have no car in the entire household.
      It is one of the primary drivers to Detroit going from the highest personal city income in the US to one of the lowest in a matter of decades.
      It's a tragedy - combined with the failure of the government to do the one thing they can and are tasked with doing: provide a decent education to all - this leaves Detroit at a severe disadvantage for future growth.

I'm a former resident of Bloomfield Hills for 30 years living in Seattle for the last year; so I know what I'm talking about.
      Everyone in my new hometown has a mass transit alternative to find work and if you want a job here it is for the taking.
      Bike lanes are everywhere, and the laws are favorable to bikes and E-Bikes!.
      If you want to know more about the sad history of the racism based lack of mass transit in Detroit - the motive was after all to keep Blacks from the suburbs - google "Detroit Maid Bus".

I commute 12 miles daily for work here in Seattle area and 90% of my commute is on dedicated bike lanes or trails.
      With the electric motor I don't fear the big inclines around here, and I absolutely love the network of bike safe corridors to make this possible.
      If I want to ride a bus or the light rail or the commuter train: I can take my E-Bike with me.
      There is literally no place within 50 miles I can't get to easily with my E-Bike whether I am riding the entire distance or using mass transit in conjunction with riding.

You can keep your cars Detroit; I've found E-Bike nirvana out here on the Left Coast. :-)

Comment

• max_volt
        max_volt commented
        Editing a comment
        The city does a good enough job without 'maid' up stories. Enjoy rainy gloomy seattle.

Sorry if I hit a nerve there- the history is what it is.
      Okay I will enjoy rainy gloomy Seattle

Comment

Working...
      X