Need Heavy Duty Panniers .....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Heavy Duty Panniers .....

A friend is building me a custom eBike from a Yuba Sweet Curry .... I need extra heavy duty panniers that will carry at least 50 pounds each. Any suggestions ... ?

This is probably a stupid idea, but if you combined the Yuba City panniers and floorboards wouldn't you have the weight capacity licked IF the bottom of the pannier was contacting the floorboard?

Click image for larger version  Name:	2-Go-Bags-Bosch-Side_600x600.jpg Views:	1 Size:	55.3 KB ID:	64290

Click image for larger version  Name:	Bamboo-SideBoards-Spicy-Bosch_600x600.jpg Views:	1 Size:	47.6 KB ID:	64289
    I would also hope this bike has a heluva stout rear wheel and axle. I'd also love to see one of these style bikes with Bafang Ultra motor.
    Last edited by ncrkd; 05-11-2018, 06:20 AM.
    Intro: http://electricbike.com/forum/forum/...ntro#post17033
    First build, Priority Eight / BBSHD / Nexus IGH
    Second build, 2018 Crust Scapegoat, BBS02 or BBSHD, Rohloff IGH

Comment

Originally posted by ncrkd View Post
      This is probably a stupid idea, but if you combined the Yuba City panniers and floorboards wouldn't you have the weight capacity licked IF the bottom of the pannier was contacting the floorboard?

Click image for larger version Name:	2-Go-Bags-Bosch-Side_600x600.jpg Views:	1 Size:	55.3 KB ID:	64290

Click image for larger version Name:	Bamboo-SideBoards-Spicy-Bosch_600x600.jpg Views:	1 Size:	47.6 KB ID:	64289
      I would also hope this bike has a heluva stout rear wheel and axle. I'd also love to see one of these style bikes with Bafang Ultra motor.
      I decided to go with the Surly Big Dummy Panniers, which are rated at 75 pounds each !!! That should be plenty. I also have added the Foot Boards, which the panniers will be resting on.

The Yuba Sweet Curry Cargo Bike is rated at 300 pounds rear cargo load. The guy who is customizing the bike for me decided to rebuild the wheel with a straight-lace pattern and heavy-duty spokes, in order to strengthen the wheel. The batteries (4 of them … LiFePo4, each weighing 20 pounds !!!) and the battery box will weigh around 90+ pounds !!!

Comment

This is the final Battery Box (had to redesign several times, because originally I was going to have only one battery, then, two, then three, and finally four, which will give me a range of around 120 miles without any pedaling.

Click image for larger version

Name:	YubaSweetCurryBatteryBox.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	349.9 KB
ID:	68698

Comment

Working...
        X