Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there are where are you section in this place?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there are where are you section in this place?

Just noticed that I can't find a where are you sort of section here like many other forum have. I know some people don't want to give any clues to where they are but then there are others that don't mind giving a general area and would be willing to help others wrench on their rides or even go for rides. Is there an area like that here and I have not found it? I saw the builder section but not sure if that is just for 'professional' services or if hobbyists could list there. Maybe the where you are just goes in introductions?

san francisco
    real close to the water like

Comment

Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia

Comment

If you click any user's profile it shows their location, assuming they set it. We used to have this visible on posts right under post count, guess an update changed it. I could see about putting it back if it's something folks would be interested in.

Comment

• AZguy
          AZguy commented
          Editing a comment
          My user name sort of gives it away but it's nice to have it next to the posts - I vote for displaying it, if user puts it in their profile no reason not to

I don't think that would make that much difference for what I was thinking and who knows maybe give the spy bots more to go on. What I was thinking was more of a place where people could post their general location and say that they were possibly interested in riding or helping others in person with their projects. Sure at the moment there are not that many people looking to interact with people they don't know but maybe some day that will change?

It would be cool to be able to look somewhere and see there is someone not that far away from me that has a programming cable or special tool and is willing to help. I'm not sure how you would go about organizing it since we are a world wide site here. Not knowing every area of the world would make it hard to know how to split up some countries or regions that would make sense to those people. Even the US isn't the easiest thing to divide up. Maybe it would take someone that knows how the sites search engine works to come up with more or less a form that would be easy to search.

Comment

I was just playing around with things and my profile and found if you go into your own profile (just click on the name under your avatar) and click on the 'about' tab there is a box called status. It appears that that only appears when someone is looking at your profile so maybe a decent place to put a note staying you are willing to help or open to consider rides? Click on mine and see what you think. Looks like there isn't a lot of space to work with so you have to try a few different things to get it all in there.

Comment

Working...
          X