Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Throttle Left or Right side of handlebars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Throttle Left or Right side of handlebars?

When I received my X1 this March, the throttle was on the right side of the handlebars. However, I see that in many other photos and videos that the bikes came with the throttle on the left side. I don't use the throttle very much and as a long time ATV rider, I'm used to the throttle on the right. However, I don't shift with my hands on an ATV. I realize where the throttle is located is a preference but I'm wondering what reasons other riders have for putting it on the left or the right side? And further, why did Luna start shipping the X1's with the throttle on the right side recently?

I think one reason conversions often end up with the throttle on the left is you end up removing the left (front) shifter so there is space there. You keep the right rear shifter so that space is taken up.

Comment

OP, when I was using the universal thumb throttle...the lower profile one that pushes down instead of to the side...I installed it on the left. One reason was as 73Eldo suggests, there was more room because the shifter is on the right. Being a dirt motor guy, I went to the Luna full twist throttle because it's more intuitive for me. The throttle type and location is highly preferential.

Comment

Working...
      X