Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

some who wander aren't always lost (just sometimes)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

some who wander aren't always lost (just sometimes)

quit working for ingrates in july and by october, the wife had enough and told me to go camping....
    i ended up here

Click image for larger version

Name:	cedar mesa.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	798.4 KB
ID:	146229
    top of cedar mesa (utah) with valley of the gods in the background (i think)

Name:	top of cedar mesa.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	927.3 KB
ID:	146230
    top of cedar mesa (utah) with monument valley in the background (i think)

then I went to moab. EVERYONE wants to go to MOAB! RIGHT?? i thought it sucked. crowded, overpriced, and they do not allow e-bikes on 95% of single track....but riding single file behind a hundred men in spandex on $5000+ bikes pushing their endurance level, just isn't for everyone....
    i found this instead

Name:	long canyon road.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	1.60 MB
ID:	146227
    long canyon road near dead horse point, 4.7 miles to bottom, about 2000ft elevation change (i think) colorado river down there.

watch out for "pucker pass" below!!!

Name:	pucker pass.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	1.70 MB
ID:	146228

AMAZING STUFF east coast people like me couldn't even imagine. around every corner i had to shout out loud "YOU GOTTA BE F***KING KIDDING ME!!!!! THIS S**T CAN'T BE FOR REAL???!!!
    it was an amazing solo trip. 15 days, 5000 miles, set/broke camp like 9 times, not nearly enough time. third day out wife said lightning took out TV, computer, internet...lucky i was able to stay out as long as i did. bless her little heart.

Working...
X