Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retrorockit
    commented on 's reply
    I'm doing a folding bike conversion right now. any idea where I could get that setup?

• CPG
    replied
    Originally posted by Retrorockit View Post
    Do you have a quick release on the handle bars? Or some other method of removing them.
    The handle bars fold, a spring loaded sleeve is pulled back to allow folding, then it snaps back into place and they are solid again. They work real well, at least for a street bike. It's the last thing I do before stuffing it in it's storage box, and take a second or two is all.

Leave a comment:

• Retrorockit
    replied
    No mud clearance for me. just keep the water inside the fenders as much as possible.

Leave a comment:

• AZguy
    commented on 's reply
    Definitely dry out here (it is a desert!) but I don't ride in the rain regardless... the fenders are for crossing puddles, creeks and especially mud...

• Retrorockit
    commented on 's reply
    I suspect it's a little wetter here than in AZ. My XC bike has the snap on fenders you describe. But my E bike has the fenders mounted tight down over the tires and that requires metal fender stays. Maybe I'll put some fold out highway pegs on it to get my feet out of the wake from the bottom of the tires too. That way I can just throttle along through the standing water without my boots filling up.

• AZguy
    commented on 's reply
    The front fender on mine snaps to the bottom of the steering stem and comes off in literally a second... the rear is under the rear rack and doesn't protrude past it and although it would come off easy there's no reason to do so, won't buy anything with the rear rack on

• Retrorockit
    commented on 's reply
    I guess I've forgotten a couple of those things. Full fenders, and locking axle skewers makes it not as simple as it used to be for me.Without those things I used to get 2 bikes in behind the 3rd seat in my Minivan. That's where I stored them all the time. But with motors came fenders, and extra security.

• AZguy
    commented on 's reply
    When I'm packing the bike light, I just pop the wheels off and unscrew the pedals and the whole thing will fit in the trunk... with front wheel removed no need to remove handlebars... it will travel fully setup in the back of the van but if I'm hauling a lot of other stuff I'll do the same wheel and pedal removal... it takes just a couple of minutes...

• Retrorockit
    replied
    Do you have a quick release on the handle bars? Or some other method of removing them.

Leave a comment:

• CPG
    started a topic Crane bike comes in handy again!

Crane bike comes in handy again!

I got my crane stuck in the mud at a jobsite, and after a bit of fooling around, just making things worse, I told the crew on the jobsite I was going to leave it there overnight, and in the morning maybe it'd be froze up enough to just drive out . It wasn't, but that's another story. The contractor immediately offered to give me a ride (clear across town, about 8.2 miles) back to my crane yard, where my car was parked. I told him I would ride my bike, no problem. He looked over the crane and said "what bike?" Less than a minute later I squirted off at 25 MPH, without pedaling (just to show off, I slowed to my usual 18 and also started pedaling), this was the first time in several months, due to winter, that I used the crane bike in this fashion: an unplanned emergency. Not to mention lunch and coffee runs. https://youtu.be/LMMhTUvn93E

With two other bikes, both tweaked BBSHD equipped, when I ride the crane bike I am always impressed with the 02, it's a bit quieter, and of all my bikes if I ever had to 100% pedal it to get somewhere, it'd be my choice, as it seems to have the least drag.
Working...
X