Have trailer will haul...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have trailer will haul...

I shipped my Cannondale SuperV900 with BBS02 NY-CA using shipbikes.com service which contracts with FedEx Ground. About $77 delivered in 5 days. Reusing shipping box from a coworker who’d bought a RadRover.

Here’s how I got it to the drop off location:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	109.9 KB
ID:	25530

Tow bike is Xootr Swift Folder with Q128 front hub motor. It’s not a hot rod but if I could only have 1 eBike Swift Folder would be it.

It’s much better setup with the BBS02 installed but that went on the Cannondale until I can save up for another Bafang.

Originally posted by ykick View Post
    Tow bike is Xootr Swift Folder with Q128 front hub motor. It’s not a hot rod but if I could only have 1 eBike Swift Folder would be it.
    What's your opinion/experience on that Q128 front hub motor? I've had one for a year or so - the 201 RPM version running at 48V on a cruiser bike with 700C wheels. I went with the 201 version because of the 700C wheels, because I'm no lightweight (240 lbs), and because I wanted to be sure I had some torque. It's no barnburner but seems pretty solid and quiet so I can't complain.

If I ever have to replace it with another front geared hub, wondering what you would recommend as no doubt there's better stuff out there now.

Comment

Awesome use of electricity. How far did you haul that bike in the box?

Comment

Originally posted by Fred View Post
        What's your opinion/experience on that Q128 front hub motor? I've had one for a year or so - the 201 RPM version running at 48V on a cruiser bike with 700C wheels. I went with the 201 version because of the 700C wheels, because I'm no lightweight (240 lbs), and because I wanted to be sure I had some torque. It's no barnburner but seems pretty solid and quiet so I can't complain.

If I ever have to replace it with another front geared hub, wondering what you would recommend as no doubt there's better stuff out there now.
        Version above is 328RPM as best I can tell. I bought it used but still new from a guy who thought it was Q100 but no harm since I hadn’t purchased spokes yet.

I originally laced it into a 26” rim but that overheated the controller regularly and sucked the battery down very fast. So I laced it into the 20” rim and used it for a while in the folder.

It’s “ok” I don’t consider it a powerful motor but I regularly feed it 500-800W and it’s held up pretty good. No clutch problems and the gears seem to be hanging in there. Knock on Aluminum…

I installed this motor in the bike above for a couple years ago but eventually wanted a rear hub and built a Q100C which lasted for about a year until the nylon gear shelled.

Then I mounted the BBS02 and that was great for this folder but I needed something for a 26” wheel mountain bike and not having anything built up at the time I moved the BBS02 over to that and re-installed the Q128 you see above.

If I had to repower Swift Folder again with something other than a BBS02 I’d probably try the 2 speed Xiongda in a rear version. Luna is carrying a version of that motor here - https://lunacycle.com/double-gear-double-torque-motor/

In fact, I would love to try that motor in one of my 20” kick bikes? Seen here: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0044.JPG
Size:	492.7 KB
ID:	25534
        Last edited by ykick; 01-11-2017, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by g725s View Post
          Awesome use of electricity. How far did you haul that bike in the box?
          3-4 miles through Astoria Queens. Cruised about 13-16MPH but often slower if the road got crappy. Carton with bike inside is/was about 60lbs. Tows very nice even touching 20MPH it never swayed much.
          Last edited by ykick; 01-11-2017, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Oh wow nice ypedal... i am a small wheel bike guy myself too. Also into that scooter...i have diggler ;)

Comment

• ykick
              ykick commented
              Editing a comment
              Diggler's are nice quality! I'm always up against budget so I used Sidewalker kick bikes. Diggler always on my radar though.

btw, I'm often confused for Ypedal (Gaston) but we're not the same person. I always loved his username and when I started electrifying kick scooters I thought why kick when we can stuff a motor in those wheels? Ynot? Haha....

Ykick

Here’s a “meant to be” follow up if there ever was one.

Thread describes shipping the Cannondale SuperV 900 NY-CA sometime last week. Shipbikes.com used FedEx Ground.

I shipped the battery pack USPS Ground service roughly a few days earlier.

Fast forward to yesterday, I’d hopped a plane from NYC and landed in SAN around noon PST. My wife picked me up and when we returned from the airport, the bike was sitting on our porch. Cool…

I went about unpacking and reassembling a few things and just as I was finishing up and thought I would need to wait for the battery pack shipment, USPS pulls up and hands me my battery packs. The eBike gods were definitely smiling on me...

Although there’s a ton of stuff to do getting unpacked and settled back into life in the west, I couldn’t help but go for a nice long sunset ride. Anybody who was paying attention in the So CA area can attest to what a beautiful and amazing sunset it was.

I may not be around much for a while as the “shift” in geographical location has a lot of moving parts and I need to make a drive to Arizona to attend to family matters. Next week should find much more time to post and share more about my riding in So CA.
            Last edited by ykick; 01-18-2017, 03:03 AM.

Comment

Thanks for sharing. Transport is always an issue for me.

Comment

Sweet! What kind of trailer did you use? Home built or? Looks well balanced for that load. : )

Comment

Yes it pulls straight and true. Medium DoggyHut and they’re also available in large. Kinda cheap wheels/tires but they quickly remove so I’m ok with that.

We remove the bows and upper canvas to convert into flatbed. I also still use it as a doggy trailer - Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1948.jpg
Size:	333.5 KB
ID:	32815

Comment

Trailers rule !

Click image for larger version

Name:	0602161350a.jpg
Size:	863.5 KB
ID:	33985

Comment

I love that little trailer. Where did you get it?
                      I love dogs and ebikes...in that order!
                      http://www.poweronbikes.com

Comment

Working...
                      X