Suggestions, Ideas, Routes for a rough ebike tour in June

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestions, Ideas, Routes for a rough ebike tour in June

Heres the basics for a ebike tour. 4 guys, 3 or 4 ebikes from seattle to Las Vegas in 7-10 days. 3 buddies and myself are talking about an ebike tour. we have a 4 door jeep, about to buy a 5x8 trailer to haul 4 bikes, not certain if its 3 ebikes and 1 mtb or 4 ebikes, and camping gear. we paln to all meet in seattle and head south. first to mt rainer, then to mt hood, then toward west coastline and south. hit 2 redwood parks along coast, then to napa, then to sausalito, cross golden gate in to san fran. from san fran west to yosemite, thru yosemite and into death valley, then in to las vegas. I will leave party in vegas and remaining 3 will continue to 4 points, then to new orleans. then from new orleans to nyc up the east coast. thats the basic route. it wont happen till june so we have time to tweek and change plans.

Im suggesting we keep rides to a 20 mile loop at whatever stop we make to get out and explore. we should have at least 2 batts per bike and a generator to power up along the way. camp gear for overnight stops and maybe a hotel her and there when butts start to funk. we dont plan on extreme riding, cuz we cant afford a broke bike resulting in down time or injury. its more a sight seeing and explore, happy go lucky laugh along the way bunch of guys bike ride. plus its time restricted to 7-10 days.

the question is this. along this rough route plan, what do you suggest we see or must see. some good food along the way. some "best time" to visit places. good camp sites where a fire pit is provided. or any other suggestions to make this a memorable short vacation? Any rules or laws we need to be aware of, things of that sort.

I cant wait for this to happen. last year we did a drive east to west thru a bunch of national parks, but we had no ebikes. it was in zion last year, that i sat on a cliff and wished i had an ebike to ride the paved roads thru the canyons. that wish budded into this. thanks for reading. ride safe, be safe, TIA for any replies, cheers.

grez
Working...
X