Video+ speedometer apps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video+ speedometer apps?

I spent a few hours today downloading and experimenting with several different 'dashcam and speedometer' apps for Android. Each had its own special functionality issue. Can anyone recommend one that works? Or do I need to buy a bunch of gizmos just to record a simple ride video that displays an accurate speedometer?

Google maps can display your real-time speed if you just want accuracy.

Comment

Strava is a nice app also.
      Trek Roscoe w/ BBS02, mt wheels, conti 700c tyres

Comment

I've found that using the DigiHUD app, I can leave the "mini-display" on-top. If I open up my camera app, and then use a third app that records what's on my screen (like one of those ones gamers use), I can get approximately the result you wanted...

Yes, sure. That's more than just a bit awkward, but is seems at least doable...

Or--maybe use a second device (with GPS), or a simple wheel-sensor type speedometer--just making sure that the speed-display is visible when you're filming your rides...

I don't know--just trying to brainstorm.

Now...

I'm sure you've got only the best of intentions... But it seems like maybe worth mentioning this anyway--for your benefit or anyone else's who may read this later on: If riding anywhere applicable regulations exist, it may be wise to remain within those parameters--if you're going to be filming your activities. If you document yourself operating well outside the legal limits, your films--and their accurate speed-readings--may wind up being used as evidence against you.

Anyways...

Best of luck!

Tklop
        Last edited by tklop; 10-11-2019, 03:01 AM.

Comment

Hello, another variant would be to use PowerWatcher. Capture the screen from your smartphone and overlay it on top of the video. Yes, I know it's not that simple, but the end result is worth it. Check out how this guy did it, for example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWRqpA9aVyI

Comment

Working...
          X