Off-Road riding in the snow

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off-Road riding in the snow

Here's some videos I shot yesterday riding off-road on the Lacamas Lake Trails. Hardly a soul in sight. The frozen mud underneath was pretty rugged though. https://www.facebook.com/joel.schmid...61358290469601
    In the second video I was able to go fast enough to "float" above the snow. It's much smoother when the tires start to float above the snow. I want to ride in deep powder, now that I've had a taste of shallow snow riding.

That looks like great fun. I love snow riding. Bike looked rock solid.
    Fabrication is fun! Build something today. Show someone. Let them help. Inspire and share. Spread the desire.

Comment

Haven't gotten the chance to try snow riding yet but looks fun. Nice ride

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	snow trike kit.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	26835Have you seen the new Snow tank kit luna is going to be offering ....should be up on the website tomorrow? Turns any bbshd bike into a mini snowmobile :)

Comment

• Jasdidit
          Jasdidit commented
          Editing a comment
          Just hang a 40Ah Samsung INR18650-25r battery pack under that down-tube, and away you go! It would absolutely have to have the Ludacris controller though.

Now that is cool!

Comment

I tried to go to Siouxon Creek Trail yesterday, but I forgot to check the Park service page first. If I had, I would have noticed that the status is "Unreachable". I really could have used that snow bike yesterday. Here's a link to the video of me trying to get there, and, facing the futility of sliding through rotten snow-cone snow downhill to the trail, picking up my bike and carrying it uphill through the same snow back to my car, I turned around , and went back home.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Luna View Post

Name:	snow trike kit.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	26835Have you seen the new Snow tank kit luna is going to be offering ....should be up on the website tomorrow? Turns any bbshd bike into a mini snowmobile :)
            Has anyone used one with a BBSHD in the snow? Would love to know the top speed and consumption. Just got 6" of snow last night

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Luna View Post
              Click image for larger version  Name:	snow trike kit.jpg Views:	1 Size:	58.5 KB ID:	26835
              Have you seen the new Snow tank kit luna is going to be offering ....should be up on the website tomorrow? Turns any bbshd bike into a mini snowmobile :)
              Love to hear thoughts on the pros and cons of snow riding with a BBSHD equipped fat bike vs a BBSHD equipped M1 Tank conversion.

Comment

• Eric Luna
                Eric Luna commented
                Editing a comment
                i think the kit is a little too new for anyone to give a go of it.

We just released VEE snow shoe XL with carbide studs in them for better traction in Snowy conditions.

https://lunacycle.com/vee-rubber-sno...fat-bike-tire/

Name:	bling tire.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	281.9 KB
ID:	27799

Comment

• JPLabs
                JPLabs commented
                Editing a comment
                Awesome! That's my favorite winter tire, right there. Fits Bluto fork fine.
            Working...
            X